How to root the Gigaset QV1030 Android Tablet-PC
This article is about rooting the Gigaset QV1030 Tablet-PC. The only thing you will need is your Tablet-PC and a working internet connection, so there is no need for a computer. In theory the described method should work for many other devices too, but I only tested it for the QV1030. By rooting your device you will gain administrative privileges, which will give you full control over your device and the freedom to do anything you want to do with your device. Please make sure to read the disclaimer before proceeding!
Disclaimer – Read before proceeding:
This article is based on my personal notes throughout the process of rooting my Gigaset QV1030. The described method worked just fine for my specific device, but I will take no responsibility for any data loss or damage to your device. Only proceed if you know what you are doing and proceed with care.
1) Enable installation of apps from unknown sources
Open Settings->Security and enable the installation of apps from unknown sources.
2) Download the app for rooting
Towelroot is an android application programed by George Hotz. It allows you to root your device with just one click. The newest version is Towelroot v3, however I used v1.
- Download Twelroot (I used version v1) to your device
- Install Towelroot by selecting the downloaded apk-file
- Then start the Towelroot-App and click on the “make it rain” button.
- Afterwards you will be asked to restart your device. Some users reported that using Towelroots automatic restart option, will result in an boot-loop. That’s why I recommend to restart the device by pressing the Power-Off hardware button on your device.
After restarting the device should be rooted.
3) Install an app for managing superuser privileges
Download and install SuperSU from the Google Play Store. It allows you to manage superuser access rights. Every time an app wants to gain superuser privileges, SuperSU will show you a dialog where you can choose to allow or deny the request.
That’s it. Have fun with your rooted Gigaset QV1030.
Legal notice: image from wikimedia, released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license. Attribution: “The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.”
Posted on December 26, 2014, in Android and tagged administrative privileges, Android, gigaset, one click, qv1030, root, rooting, su, super user, supersu, superuser privileges, tablet, tablet-pc, towelroot. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.